What is Dev Ops? – DevOps Definition
Dev Ops = Development + Operations
Dev Ops means, collective utilization of development and operations, to save time and to achieve productivity. It is used in the software development life cycle (SDLC) to improve the methodologies.
In Dev Ops, development team and IT operations team work together and automate the process using automation tool.
Dev Ops helps an organization to build, test, tracking, monitoring, deployments and then immediate and continuous delivery of software or product.
What are the benefits of implementing DevOps?
• Boost the number of deployments
• Increase productivity
• Increase the alliance between different teams
• Time-saving in maintenance and providing fixes
• It provides a good customer experience
• It rises quality and performance of software or applications
• A less complex task to manage
• Faster mitigation of problems
• Rise in profit
• Less employee needs to work in Dev Ops
• Increased security
How DevOps works?
• Development and IT operation team working together to improve the communication and understanding of work, which helps to avoid a clash between the teams.
• Collective development helps in implementing code frequently for continuous release of software or product.
• When new code is implemented, testing will be performed to confirm it is working as per business requirement. Testing can be automated by configuring automation tool in a DevOps environment.
• In an organization, there are ad-hoc releases of new code for software or product, to fix critical bugs or to add new features. So continuous release and deployment can be achieved by automating the process.
• For continuous release and deployment, there should be a good process (or tool) to monitor the same. Operation team uses monitor tool to raise issues and report to the development team to fix.
What is DevOps engineer? – DevOps Training Courses
A DevOps Engineer is an IT person who works with software developers, system operators, and production IT staff to inspect code releases.
To learn about DevOps, there are various DevOps training certification courses available. Few are mentioned below:
• DevOps foundation
• DevOps leader
• DevSecOps engineer
• DevOps test engineering
DevOps is a way that improves the teamwork of development and operation team. By using DevOps, an organization can increase productivity. It plays a major role in product delivery for companies. Few big and well-known companies have already adopted the DevOps approach.